A Travellerspoint blog

Christmas Break 2017

December 2017 - April 2018

View Christmas Break 2017-2018 & PART 2 Anita Goes Sailing (and does other stuff too) on anuschka's travel map.

I arrived in the UK in time for Peter and Vicky Coote’s nuptials in Somerset. It was a beautiful ceremony in an old church then on to the reception at St Audries, Vicky’s old boarding school. We stayed the night in the beautiful Lady Lake suite with a big four poster bed.
Then I was off to see my brother Andrew and his wife Susan for a traditional Christmas of good food and booze. I joined them in celebrating a friend’s birthday at North Cote Manor and baby brother treated me to another four poster – definitely a return visit there is in the cards.
Next stop was London for New Year’s with Rosemary Smith with dinner at the Big Easy in Chelsea and then fireworks. We also treated ourselves to a meal at Claridge’s. After mentioning the meal on Facebook, they offered me another one for free!
While in London, I stayed at the Victory Club and had visits with Jean and Paul Cambridge and Meg and John Adamson. I then took myself up and down the country visiting friends and family.
In February, I traveled to Colorado for a few days with Bonnie for my birthday and then up to Joe and Anuschka (and Gizmo). Anita's salon opened for Anuschka's perm (which she loved) and for Gizmo's cut and blowdry (which he hated). We hit the slopes of Vail to do a little skiing. Sadly, it was one of the worst snow seasons they had had in years and was very cold.
From Colorado, I headed north to Canada for a week of heli-skiing though, I admit, I didn’t try too hard this year.

I then headed east to New York for a stay at Tom and Marie Sussingham’s looking after their cat Chelsea while they visited family in Florida. I took the time to get a few jobs done – visit to the dentist and a haircut (and cocktails) with John in Connecticut. I did a run up to Okemo in Vermont to check on things there.
I finally made it down to Florida and Joey came and met me, but without my car. Apparently, my license was suspended and I had let all my insurance policies lapse. It took four days to sort everything out and get my wheels legal again. I spent the rest of the winter break sorting through paperwork, taking care of odd jobs and sending my resume to Oyster owners trying to find a crew spot for the rest of the journey.

Posted by anuschka 11:42 Archived in United Kingdom

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.